Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Movie Sidebar

Hey Peeps,

So, I just removed the movie sidebar on our blog. It was supposed to be showing you a link to a video on abortion called "The Silent Scream." I'm sure you can guess what the movie was about from its title. However, since I don't get to pick the actual movies displayed (just the publisher of the videos) the videos changed to become all about Obama being a Muslim. I want to say that I think that line of thought is absurd. I probably will vote against Obama on other grounds (his radical views on abortion being one of them), but I wanted to make it clear that I disagree with the Obama videos previously displayed on my blog. They were irrational and reflected a highly prejudiced point of view. Who cares if Obama is a Muslim anyway, for crying out loud. We should be looking at "the real Barack Obama"*, not making things up.

(*See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcUjg7hBYW0 [start at ~5:20 if you want] and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiPwbX6_6AA [watch the whole thing. McCain is dead right here])

On the subject of abortion, I have spent a great deal of time pondering the issue these past couple of months and having relevant discussions with people throughout the spectrum of opinions. I whole-heartedly endorse the positions of the Church regarding abortion based on solid ethical principals, personal feeling, and religious grounds. The current attitude in society towards abortion is despicable. I now understand the rationale that "pro-choice" people give in support of their unethical behavior, and it shocks me that they could be so uncaring towards human life and yet so protective of less important resources. They'll waste away their lives to get polar bears labeled "threatened" and give human rights to gorillas, and yet they justify the murder of their fellow human beings. They worship the environment and hate their own kind. We must stand up for human life and the dignity of each individual. We must stand up for personal accountability and fight the culture of entitlement, the immoral attitude that there is no right and wrong, and the philosophy that "reproductive choices" are merely personal and have no effect on our society. Pro-choice people are wrong. We have the moral upper hand and the more responsible position. If it weren't for the fact that abortion supports lifestyles of promiscuity, then probably all the hippies would be arguing on our side, too.

Well, I'll get off my soap box now. If you want to see the movie I intended to have showing on our blog, then go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNo_0cW-ek.

I hope nobody is offended if they disagree with me. I am speaking from the heart and welcome discussion with anyone.

Love,

Ben

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hear hear!!

Wow! Very well said, son! I wholeheartedly agree with you and am very proud of the eloquent way you expressed yourself!

Lots of love!